Baking Baker's
I haven't blogged in forever and oh do I miss it! I am so sorry I have been away for so long. I am so excited to be back! I have a lot of recipes to share to get ready! Today I am sharing with you one of my families very favorite recipes. It is my grandmas Lemon Poppy Seed cake which she got from a dear friend many years ago! It is one of my personal favorites. I love how moist and is and how it has the right hint lemon in it, not too over powering I promise!
Lemon Poppy Seed Cake
1 yellow cake mix
1pkg of vanilla instant pudding mix
1 cup of oil
4 eggs
1tsp.almond extract
2 Tablespoons of poppy seeds
1 cup of hot water

Directions: 
Mix together dry ingredients then add oil, eggs one at a time, almond extract, poppy seeds, and hot water. Bake at 350 for forty minutes. Take out a bunt pan and make sure you grease and flour the pan prior to placing the batter into the pan. After the 40 minutes have passed. Take the cake out of the over and take a butter knife and go along the outside edges. Then take a plate and dump out the lemon cake hopefully into one piece.  Let the cake cool. While cake is cooling you need to drizzle the glaze on top of the hot cake. 

Glaze
1 cup of powdered sugar
Juice from 1 lemon
1 teaspoon of almond extract
Mix together and pour over the hot cake! 

Hope you enjoy this family favorite as much as my family does! Happy Holidays! 


0 Responses

Post a Comment